It doesn’t just feel fantastic! Heat Seekers love it, yes, but Hot Stone Massage is Therapeutic too.
When done properly, using the heated stones for the actual massage the benefits are as follows:
- Greater therapeutic work can be done, with less pain. The heat softens and makes the muscles more fluid. Therefore, there is no “fighting back” by the already tense muscles.
- Greater tension release, and flexibility is typically achieved.
- Greater detoxification. The heat, like heating oil, creates greater flow of the bodily fluids for circulation and elimination of those toxins. Lymphatic drainage is accelerated.
- The relaxation effect is enhanced greatly with the addition of the heat element.
- It relaxes the digestive tract, the colon specifically, for greater elimination.
Hot stone massage is great for the training athlete in your family. If you know someone training for their first marathon, half marathon, or sporting event, this is the perfect gift to show your support.
Hot Stone Massage is also a wonderful and enjoyable way to help alleviate the pain associated with arthritis. The increased blood flow allows more nutrients and oxygen to the joints, for healing, reduced inflammation and less discomfort of the joints.
If this sounds like something you’d like to try, call for an appointment. 701-238-8257